Market Update 3-14-18
Cool weather and freezing conditions throughout Northern MX, CA, and Arizona is continuing to have an effect overall availability, quality and increase in pricing – especially on cucumbers, various lettuces, cauliflower (all colors), tomatoes, yellow squash and zucchini.
- Limes: Prices still remain quite high.
- Broccolini: Supply is still tight this week.
- Tomatoes, Artichokes & cucumbers: Prices are still high, hope to see prices stabilize over the next couple of weeks.
- Romaine & Iceberg Lettuce: Prices are up this week due to the freezing weather. We are not that far off from seeing the CA crop to start hitting the market over the next few weeks.
- Bananas: Finally availability is starting to improve with prices stabilizing.
- Asparagus: CA Asparagus is in good supply.
- Fava Beans & Fava Greens
- Green Garlic
- Spring Onions
- Moro Blood Oranges
- Stone fruit from Chili is starting to become available and won’t see CA stone fruit until end of April