Leafy Greens and Lettuce Alert:
- Almost all lettuce and leafy greens are experiencing a turbulent finish to the desert season. The fluctuating weather is playing its toll on supplies, prices and quality. Supplies on Romaine, Romaine Hearts, Little Gems, Iceberg, etc. are expected to be very tight for the next few weeks. Expect big price increases and a downturn on quality. While we will do our best to source the best prices and quality, please expect to make adjustments to your internal quality expectations as we wait out the gapping period.
- Avocado prices will remain high for the next few weeks on all sizes due to high demand, low supply, and the transition from Mexico to California.
- Broccoli, Broccolini and Cauliflower: prices are high due to limited supply brought on by the rain.
Snapshot for the week:
- Arugula: The weather continues to cause major problems, supplies seem better than last week but still limited.
- Cauliflower: Prices continue to rise with tightening supply.
- Blueberries: Supply is a bit tight but available, prices holding steady.
- Lemons: Supplies are improving and prices holding steady.
- Limes: Recent rains have tightened supply causing prices to continue to rise.
- Cucumbers: English and Japanese Cucumbers supply has improved and prices are steady.
- Watermelon: Prices continue to come down.
- Asparagus: Stocking CA and MX asparagus of mainly standard and large sizes. Prices are holding steady and supply improving every week.
- Spinach & Spring Mix: Weather continues to be a problem causing limited supplies and continued mildew issues.
- Grape & Cherry Tomatoes: Prices have decreased due to better supply.
- Oranges: Blood are winding down, Navel and Cara Cara holding steady.
Holding Steady for the week:
- Raspberries & Strawberries
- Blue Lake Beans
- Cabbage (Green, Napa, Savoy & Red)
- Honeydew & Cantaloupes
- Bell Peppers (Red ,Yellow & Green)
We’re Here. For You.No posts available