Marin-Sonoma Produce – HACCP Certified
Food Safety is our Top Priority in every facet of our business and throughout our team. Marin-Sonoma Produce has recently completed a third party food safety audit process, receiving our HACCP / Primus GFS compliant certification.
What does food safety mean here at Marin-Sonoma Produce:
- Training— Ongoing and targeted training on issues ranging from allergen control, cleaning and sanitation procedures, incoming product protocol, traceability recall procedures, food safety policies, and The 7 Principals of HACCP
- Audits— Periodic audits and inspections of facility, both in-house and by third-party firms.
- Documentation— Documentation of training activities, raw material handling policies and activities, cleaning and sanitation, receiving records, facility visitor logs, and corrective action activities.
- Validation/Evaluation— Evaluation of training effectiveness and establishment of accountability; validation of cleaning through testing.
Marin-Sonoma Produce customers now have even greater confidence in knowing that the fresh fruits and vegetables they receive from us have been handled, tracked, stored, and delivered to them by a company that is HACCP certified and places food safety as a top priority. Marin-Sonoma Produce is one of the only Northern California produce distributors with this prestigious honor.
Benefits or our HACCP / Primus GFS Audit:
- Business organized and centered on Food Safety (from top to bottom).
- Used as a basis for training – all staff involved, leading to increased awareness of food risks.
- Concentrates resources at critical points in the process to ensure the highest quality of processed fruits and vegetables.
- Generates a food safety culture.
- Pro-active, not re-active, to needed improvements in the food safety and good manufacturing practices of the business.
- Demonstrates management commitment to food safety.
- Reduces the risk of food safety incidents
- Consistency in inspection criteria
- Compliance with food laws.
- Improved responsiveness to problems through devised corrective action procedures.